Question
Posted by: Stressed | 2005/07/19

antibiotics while pregnant

Urgent help please. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Bleeding for a week and a half now. My Gynea tested my progestorone levels - everything is fine. With the sonar everything is fine too - even heard the heartbeat. He says the bleeding comes from outside not from within and it can be an infection. He prescribed the antibiotic Trichazole for me. Now I am so worried, because I saw on the internet you cannot use this whilst pregnant. Now I dont know - he is a gynea - would know if it is unsafe to use ? Help I am
worried to death !

It should not be a problem. Ideally it should be avoided under 12 weeks, but there is no direct proof that it causes harm.

1
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/19

If you're unsure of the advice or medication he gave you there is nothing wrong with going to another gynae for a second opinion.

Reply to Tina