Question
Posted by: nita | 2008/01/30

Antibiotics & Thrush

I have noticed that whenever i take a dose of antibiotics i get oral thrush.What connection is there between these two.
Please advice

Dear Nita
Antibiotics kills the “good “ bacteria in your intestines, giving thrush which is a yeast the chance to take over and cause symptoms. (We normally have small amounts of thrush in the intestinal canal)
Next time, take a probiotic with your antibiotic.

2
Posted by: yelena | 2009/02/10

Good day
i want to find out more about thrush and anti biotics.
i had thrush at some point inmy life when i was 17 and went to the doctor who gave me a viginal cream, then it went away.
now m 25 the problem has started again, i went to the doctor who gave me anti biotics, but to my suprise i have finished the treatment, but i still have the thrush, what can i do?

Another thing i want to find out is, is it dangerous to have unprotected sex, while you have thrush?

Reply to yelena
Posted by: Buiter | 2008/04/18

My girlfriend is talking about about some problem she's got inside her vagina. She is taking medicine called thrush (according to her). Could this be a sti.

Reply to Buiter