Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2009/09/21

Antibiotics / pill

Dear Doc, my dermatologist prescribed me Tetralysal 300mg. I am currently on Triphasil also, will this have any affect on the pill? Will it cancel the work of the Triphasil? Also, can I use the probiflora every 2nd day, or should it be used every day? Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hallo Jackie
The effectiveness of estrogen-containing oral contraceptives may be impaired by concomitant treatment with antimicrobial agents - but try to take the Triphasil in the morning and the tetralysal in the evening or vice versa. This will reduce possible interactions. You can take your probiflora daily.