Posted by: desperate | 2008/07/31

antibiotics - infections

I really am close to losing it completely (just don' t know who to attack). I am prone to infections both vaginal and urinary. (Now take a deep breath) I had an infection in my kidneys (am still on antibiotics for that going on three weeks now though I am almost finished with the treatment, then I had an accident on Saturday fell and have a deep gash on my knee (stitches) and once again anitbiotics (close to finishing that course).
Now I have both a urinary tract infection and what seems like a yeast infection at the same time (I simply can' t afford going back to the doctor) my medical aid' s close to exhaustion. How do I get rid of it or will it clear by itself once I am off the antibiotics.
Please give me some advice I reaaaaaly am desperate

Dear Desperate
Buy some Canesten or the generic vaginal cream or vaginal pessaries at the pharmacy and put in twice a day for a week. Use probiotics three times a day to supplement the good bacteria in the bowel.
Good luck!