Question
Posted by: H | 2006/11/14

Antibiotics and the pill

If you took antibiotics whilst on the pill (but at the same time as being on the inactive pills) (ie. When menstruating). Will the antibiotics still effect the pill in anyway.
So in other words a 5 day course of antibiotics that started while on day 2 of the sugar pills?
I know usually you should use extra precautions for during and 1 week after the antibiotics.
What is the likelyhood of prgnancy if you were not ovulating according to a normal 28 day cycle anyway?

The effect of the antibiotics lasts about two weeks. You were probably okay while on the sugar pills but should use extra precautions for a week after this.

1
Posted by: ? | 2006/11/14

I also have heard previously that only antibiotics that contain tetracycline (not sure about spelling) cause the pill to be inactive, not all antibiotics...

Reply to ?