Question
Posted by: Sue | 2006/04/05

Antibiotics-Allergy

I'm taking purbac for acne that scars. I am 26, female. I'm basically through all the acne medisen one can take and none is working, some left bad side effects, like pigmentation etc. Tests shown that all my hormones are really high. I can only see an Endogonologist in 4 months. For now I'm back on antibiotics just to help contol it but my skin will still look bad on it. The problem is my ears totally block and its painfull when I'm on antibiotics for my skin. And it takes a long time to go away once I'm off again. It also causes me to mumble as everything echo's. If been to homeopath for 3 months but the treatment made the acne worse. Just want check will this cause or is there a chanse that in can cause permanent damage to my ears? O and if I don't take the antibiotics my skin is so bad I don't want to leave the house. Either way I feel I'm doomed.

Dear Sue,
Try taking Drixine nose drops twice a day to open the Eustachian tubes to your ears when you have symptoms and take an anti-histamine at night. You could also take a cortisone nose spray like Beconase aq longterm.