Question
Posted by: Jane | 2007/03/06

Antibiotics

Good Morning Guys and Girls,

I have a adorable Scottie and he's almost 3 years old.

Unfortunately he's got a nasty ear infection and the Vet gave me some ear drops and antibiotics that he needs to take for 2 weeks because this is now the second time the ear infection returned in a month.

Now I just want to know if there is something I can give or must give my dog with the antibiotics. Like humans drink Inter-flora with the antibiotics or have some yogurt. So is there anything I can give my dog?

Yes you can get Protexin from your vet or Vet Shop and give it with the food. You can also give live culture yoghurt at lunch time (i.e. between the antibiotic treatments).

1
Posted by: Joy | 2007/03/12

As my cat has cystitus my vet gave me Baytril to give her
and said I must also give her Rimadyl twice a week. I
have not given her the Rimadyl as I have heard that it is
not very good and can cause fatal damage. Please
advise me.

Kind regards,

Joy Ashall

Reply to Joy