Question
Posted by: lynda | 2006/11/10

Antibiotic overdose

I have been on two courses of antibiotics for a lung infection. The first one being Klacid and the second one which I finished yesterday being Ketek. I woke up this morning with the most severe headache. My one ear is aching feels deaf and burning hot. It feels like the ocean is in my head. I feel off balance and just sickly. I have a fever too.

Can the antibiotcs have caused a secondary infection?

Dear Lynda
No but you may have fluid behind the eardrum and secondary infection of the sinuses or middle ear with a bacteria that is not susceptible to Ketek or Klacid. Please let your doctor have a look.