Question
Posted by: Jack | 2005/07/08

Anti-inflammatories

I was suffering from burning pain in my stomach for 4 weeks and went for a Gastroscopy and was told that my stomach lining was a bit burned. I was on Myprodol for 2 weeks before it started burning.
Doc said that the Myprodol caused the lining to be damaged.
Is there any other anti-inflammatory that i can use without burniing the lining of my stomach. I wouldnt want to develop any ulcers.

Thanks.

Jack, the safest at the moment is Celebrex®. You can also try Mobic®, Coxflam® and Arthrotec® (the least safest). Good luck.

2
Posted by: anxious | 2005/07/10

Vioxx was the best anti-inflammatory until they took it off the market! You should never take any anti-inflammatory without eating first - this is what causes stomach lining problems - Vioxx was the exception - it was the only anti-inflammatory you could take without having to eat first. My mom misses it enormously for her arthritis - you could also take it long term until they discovered people taking it long term were at risk of possible heart problems.

Celebrex is very good and strong. Most anti-inflammatories need a script.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Keen | 2005/07/08

Jack

I know of a friend who had the same problem, and the doc gave him some kind of pill to take with the anti-inflammatory that is supposed to help protect the stomach, but I can't remember the name. Cyberdoc might know what the name is...

Reply to Keen