Question
Posted by: gym-guy | 2007/04/10

Anti-depressants & Supplements

Dear Doc

I am 1.75 metres tall and my weight varies between 60-65 Kg's which I feel is WAY below what is normal!! I used to gym (weigt-lifting) 5 days per week. Recently ( 6 months ago) I was a victim of crime, and thereafter had to start using anti-depressants (as prescribed by my GP).

I am using Adco Talomil (20mg tablets) of which I drink two tablets (2 x 20mg) per day. Before this incident I used to use USN's 17-Testo X and USN's Tribulus (both products that aids in increasing testosterone levels in the body, which has really helped me to make immense muscle gains when I was still actively lifting weights). I read on the USN products's labels that individuals using anti-depressants should not use these products.

Something about tri-cyclic anti-depressants??

I would like to know, will it be safe if I once again start using the said products even though I am still using the Talomil? And at what dosages will it be safe to use all 3 products in my daily life??

Dear Gym guy
Talomil is not a tricyclic antidepressant but a selective serotonin uptake inhibitor. If any of the USN products will give you a faster heartbeat, it may not be a good idea to take it with your Talomil. It should not interfere with testosterone but testosterone can make you more agressive.