Question
Posted by: Skinny | 2003/02/10

Anti-depressants and Weight Loss

I have been on Cyprimal for about 6 months now, when i started going on them, i lost a tremendous amount of weight. I would just like to know, do anti-depressants to that? make u lose weight?? my dosage has been increased and i am worried about more weight loss.

Skinny, Cipramil® is given to normalise the serotonin levels and therefore may cause you to lose weight if you’re overweight. Usually people complain that they gain weight, so you don’t have to worry too much that you will lose more weight. If you do, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.

1
Posted by: sandra | 2003/02/10

When I first went on prozac, I also lost a lot of weight, but once your body get used to it, you will actually start gainly weight again. I did ask my doctor about the weight lost, and he confirmed that it was normal.

Reply to sandra