Question
Posted by: almost 50 | 2007/04/14

anti-depressants

I've been usinh anti-depressants for more than 20 years,Prozac amongst others.For the last number of years I've been using Cilift.At this stage I use it because of obsessional thoughts I experience.I received very succesful therapy for a number of years and can really say I don't suffer from depression at all.I realy would like to stop using anything,but then these thoughts attack me.It takes such a lot of energy and makes me very moody.My psychatrist simply increases the dose per day when I talk to him about these uncontrollable thoughts.Will I have to use it for the rest of my life?I am 48 years old and female.

It is possible, and sometimes seems adviseable, to remain on such antidepressants really long-term. But I would strongly recommend that you seek Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) to larn how by your own efforts you can regain control over these unpleasant thoughts, and perhaps lessen the need to use the medication in that long-term.