Question
Posted by: Paper | 2005/07/26

Anti-depressants

Dear Doc
I've broken up with my boyfriend, and I'm going through a really rough patch to get through this. I'm 25 and we were together for about 2 years. Would my GP be able to prescribe any anti-depressants? I don't think i can do this alone.

A GP can indeed prescribe antidepressants, if they are needed. In the sort of situation you describe, though, you would probably do better to see a psychologist or other counsellor, to work your way through the "rough patch" and learn better life skills, to cope better with whatever other rough patches may show up in the future