Posted by: LT | 2008/08/25

Anti-depressant and getting help

Hi there

I am 29 years old. I have 2 young children (aged 3 and a half and 1 and a half). Generally, over the past two years - I have become increasingly moody, exhausted and cannot cope with even the smallest of tasks.

My doctor has prescribed Cylift and I am speaking to someone but they keep asking me " why I am unhappy" , " why I cannot cope"  - I cannot answer any of those questions. How can I address these issues if I have no clue what is going on with me?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Those are gnerally very silly questions for anyone to ask you --- they are often unanswerable, and anyhow, none of their business. Many depressions arise for chemical reasons without any obvious external "cause". Why do you feel compelled to answer these questions ? Ask for referral to a psychologist providing CBT, as this would help you regain better control of the situation and to beat the habit of depression

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.