Question
Posted by: jj | 2006/04/15

anti depressant

I was diagnosed with mild depression 4 months ago and my DR has prescribed an anti depressant called: CYMBALTA - duloxetine hydrochloride. In the 4 months that I have been on the medication, I have picked up approx 20 kg. I have not changed my eating patterns in this time, so I cannot understand what is going on. Is there anything I can do to combat the weight gain, or is this just something I should try & live with?

Dear JJ
No 20kg's is a bit much - ask your doctor to rather change you over to something like Lilly Fluoxetine if possible? I think you should go on a healthy diet and try and do regular exercise ( easier said than done) having a personal dietician may help.