Question
Posted by: pauline | 2006/04/11

anti-depressant

i am on cimbalta, how do i stop using it? how do i wean myself. i ahve been using it for 12 months

You may not need to wean yourself off it at all, but I recommend that you call or visit the doctor writing the prscription, who should know you well, and be aware of all other relevant factors, for advice on this specifically.

1
Posted by: zee | 2006/04/11

Hi - I suffer from clinical depression and needs to take one tiny tablet every day of my life.

I only made peace with this fact about one year ago. Before I was constantly "going off" this tablet and trying to cope by myself until I had to go on the next tablet and so it went on for years. Every time I went off, I was a horrible person, tearfull and trying to take my own life. From experience, I would suggest that you see a professional in order to establish if you in fact suffer from depression or not. If you do, you have a minor ailment not unlike high bloodpressure, cholesterol etc,. Nothing that cannot be controlled but needs to be accepted.
Do see someone please!

Reply to zee