Question
Posted by: El-Jo | 2005/05/25

Anti-depressant

Dear Cybershrink
Oh well, the medical aid hasn’t approved the anti-depressant the shrink has prescribed. Perhaps I should care and ask the shrink to prescribe something else, but I really don’t. As for everything else in my life the effort doesn’t seem worth it. I don’t see the point of applying for approval of some other meds., which in all probability won’t be approved, because I’m already taking a lot. I’ll just continue with my favourite past time these days, sleeping. I don’t even want to get up in the mornings anymore. Maybe I will wake up some day and feel better. For now, I just want to sleep and sleep. The shrink said he wanted to see me within a month’s time. I still have to make the appointment, but it seems absurd to go when I’m not taking the meds.

Yes, I think you should ask the shrink to consider a different prescription--- there are many alternatives, and YOU are worth caring about. Make and keep the appointment with the shrink, and discuss your options in detail. You're worth it and you deserve it.

3
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2005/05/25

Hey El-Jo,
Ask the shrink to follow up with the medical aid on your behalf, he can write a motivation if he thinks it's necessary. I know how you feel and only hope you will feel better soon. My heart goes out to you.
Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Twanette | 2005/05/25

Why does your medical aid not want to approve your anti-deprassant.

Mine has been approved - and on top of it on Chronic,!

Reply to Twanette
Posted by: El-Jo | 2005/05/25

And now I'm crying again. Someone please make life stop I want to get off.

Reply to El-Jo