Question
Posted by: sam | 2007/08/06

anti-ageing creams

I am a 37 yr old female.I recently got back from a long trip to Asia.I tried everything to keep the sun away,with hats & sunblock but sweated & got a little burnt on my face.I know this is ageing.My skin feels dry & terrible since coming back.Could you recommend a brilliant body cream for dry skin & a cleaner/toner/m regime that won't break the bank but that really works (anti-ageing)

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Sam, thank you for the question and welcome home.
I believe that one should start with a good SPF that contains either zinc or titanium to block the more harmful UVA rays. NeoStrata, Environ and Nimue are some of the ranges that contain one of these two ingredients. One should remember to apply several times daily for continued protection (always a good idea to keep one in your bag). My recommendation for a good body moisturizer is something like Nivea Q10 Body Cream. All of the three ranges mentioned above have good anti-ageing products for the face, neck and chest area including cleansers etc. They vary in price so choose one that suites your pocket (NeoStrata’s moisturizers+SPF are between R200.00 to R300.00). Remember to ask for specific products for your age and skin type.

2
Posted by: Dr AlekNikolic | 2007/08/16

Hi Shathi
Please post your question in the forum with the block entitled: 'ask a question'. Otherwise the qustion does not appear on my side. In a nut shell I wouyld look at the NeoStrata or Nimue range for your skin.

Reply to Dr AlekNikolic
Posted by: shathi | 2007/08/07

At 60 what can I use facially for smooth skin , younger looking

Reply to shathi