Question
Posted by: Elize | 2008/06/15

Anti-age, how?

Dear Sr/Madam,
How is anti-ageing possible, we WILL get old, regardless of the exercises we do, wich will probably make us a little firmer around the edges, and regardless of what we eat and drink. We might feel a bit better and a little more energy for a while, but as soon as the body gets use to the new way of life, we'ii become tired and feeling old again, is'nt that so? I'm very interested in life and phisical and mental health. If you have any health tips, you're more than welcome to let me know about it. I'm 56 in September and for the first time in my life my B/P is 150/100. I'm worried about it. I try to eat healthy by cutting/ completely not eating, white sugar,salt, Fine carbs, red meet exetra. Please email me and teach me how to live and cook healthy, not just for me, but for my family too. God bless u,
Elize.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Elize, thank you for the question.

I 100% agree with you that we all will get old regardless of what we do as this is a natural process our bodies (internally and externally) go through. However, the field of Ant-Ageing Medicine is progressing at a rapid rate and as such has become a huge subject with many sub-specialties, each with its own breakthroughs. Technology has advanced allowing doctors to approach external ageing with minimal or no downtime and allowing the delay of surgery. Research into hormone levels and how supplementing the correct hormones and the effects on ageing have also made strides albeit not in ‘mainstream’ medicine. The use of nutrition and specific supplements to decrease the rate of ageing has also received a lot of attention.

Your best approach would be to resubmit the question (as your main concern is the nutritional aspect of ageing) to the following experts on the health24.com web page:
Sports Nutritionist Expert
Natural Health Expert
Furthermore, you should consult with your family practitioner regarding your blood pressure and the appropriate treatment.
I hope that you get the answer you are looking for both yourself and your family.