Question
Posted by: 13wks | 2005/01/10

Antenatal checkups - how often

Can any one tell me how often one should be going for antinatal checkups? is it once a month or more often?
Please advise

thank you
Now 13wks

Once a month initially, two weekly from 28 weeks and weekly from 36 weeks. If there are any complications, then more frequent visits are necessary.

2
Posted by: 13wks | 2005/01/11

Thank you for your help

I really appreciate it.

Reply to 13wks
Posted by: Ivory | 2005/01/10

Hi there,

It is once a month until you are 7 months (32 weeks) pregnant. Thereafter, it is once every two weeks (twice a month) until you are eight months (36 weeks) pregnant. In the last month of your pregnancy, you will need to see your caregiver on a weekly basis (i.e. 4 times a month).

It is only if you have a serious medical condition, such as diabetes, epilepsy or high blood pressure that you will need to see your caregiver(s) more often.

Hope that answers your question.

Ivory

Reply to Ivory