Question
Posted by: jayden | 2007/05/14

ANT-AGEING PRODUCTS FOR MEN

Doc,

What is your view on men using anti-ageing products/cosmetics?

What is your views on the benifits on men using NeoStrata products, BOTOX and fillers, in general terms. What should the NeoStrata range be that a man should use.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jayden, thank you for the question.
The fastest growing market for the use of ‘botox’, fillers, topicals etc. in the USA, Canada, Europe and Far East is men. From 2002 the increase has been around 200% year on year in the USA. Following from this and keep in mind that I use topical products and ‘botox’ on myself, I believe that it is time that SA men start looking at all the available anti-ageing options – glycolic peels, skin rejuvenation, skin tightening, topical products with active ingredients, ‘botox’, etc.
The main benefits from using these anti-ageing options for men (and women) are two fold. There are outwardly (physical) benefits and inner emotional benefits as well. A study performed in Denmark on the psychological benefits after botox shows a 60-70% increase in improving relationships – spouse, partner, friends, work colleagues, etc. as well as improving confidence in one self, and meeting others.
Today, aesthetic practitioners, should be able to tailor make a treatment regime to suite an individual’s wishes. What this means is that a natural look can be achieved and that both men and women do not have to receive anti-ageing treatments with no movement or a ‘surprised’ look on their face.
Furthermore, at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Congress in 2005, a consensus panel agreed that the use of non-surgical techniques should be used as much as possible to avoid or delay surgery.
Finally, NeoStrata has a wide range of products, to suite different skin types and skin conditions. It would be best to see an aesthetic practitioner, plastic surgeon or a dermatologist who could advise you in choosing the correct NeoStrata products for your skin type.

1
Posted by: Guru | 2007/06/05

DHEA

Reply to Guru