Posted by: Nish | 2004/01/20

Another way...

For as long as I can remember my dad has been unfaithful to my mother, but to keep the family together my mother stayed with him for more than 30 years. She has finally made a decision to divorce him and start living her life, I am so proud of her. I want to know is there any way that she can divorce him without paying a lawyer, coz they usually don't come cheap. They are married in community of property & she wants to keep the house, she deserves it. What other procedures, if any, can be followed to have a speedy, "cost-effective"divorce.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Dear Nish,
let's see if anyone else amongst our community knows of the most cost-effective divorce tactics. My impression is that even though lawyers are expensive, (a) they can save money, especially where there's complications like being maried in community of property and your mom wanting to keep the house --- tactics in planing how she can keep what she most wants, may be important ; and (b) if your dad decides to use a lawyer, and to be difficult about the divorce, which he might well do, then your mom could be really vulnerable without a lawyer on her own side, to protect her.
One can get at least initial free legal advice at the Law Clinics most Universities with a Law Faculty tend to run.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anne | 2004/01/21

Divorce is never easy or straigh forward. I have been there and done that. It is best to have a lawyer to see you through this. Best of luck.

Reply to anne
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/01/21

you pay peanuts you get monkeys!

pls don't be fooled rather pay R3000.00 - R5000.00 and have it done the best possible way

take care


Reply to lady nina

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.