Question
Posted by: bleeding | 2007/04/30

another update

i had my first chemo treatment on thursday. cysplatin and gemzar
and several other liquids, its now monday morning and have not been sick yet. i do however have aches and pains (like flu) and feel week but so far have not vomited or felt very nauseus. My taste buds are dead and everything i eat tastes metalic or sour my hair is also still in tact. This thursday i have another round of gemzar. it "burns" when it goes in. ouch!

Dear Bleeding
The funny taste is "normal" ( jiggy but normal) and I am glad for you that you were not nauseous - it may however start after a next chemo - so be prepared. Tell the sister about the burning - they can sometimes reduce this by adding a local anaesthetic. Thinking of you and hang in there! How many cycles are they planning to give? Which oncology clinic are you attending?

2
Posted by: bleeding | 2007/05/02

i go to hopelands cancer centre in Pietermaritzburg, the staff are fantastic and its like a huge lounge with lazy boys, there are lots of magazines and its quite relaxing.I am having 3 cycles, 1 week cysplatin & gemzar the next week just gemzar then 2 weeks off (yay!) i know it is woking, i look at the droplets in the drip imagining them to be little soldiers with rifles on their way into my body to kill off the enemy. the only food i can still taste is oranges.

Reply to bleeding
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/05/02

Hi Bleeding.

All the best for tomorrow's Chemo! Hang in there - you sound like a strong person (emotionally) and remember that you are in good Hands. Take care - thinking of you.

Reply to Cornel