Question
Posted by: h | 2004/03/11

another ovulation question very lost

Hi. I bought the ovulation-kit. I have a 30-35 day cycle I was suppose to use the kit on Wednesday then 17 days before. But I used it on Monday and found I was ovulating. But now who says 24-36 hours after that who says I did not already ovulate and say have 2 hours left. SHould I do another test?
Thanks to all of you

There is leeway as to when you should have sex. If the test was positive on Monday, then if you had sex between Monday and Wednesday, you should have caught the fertile period.

2
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/11

The test works by reading the LH surge which happens just before the egg is released so a positive result would indicate the egg has not been released yet. Just in terms of when to be testing, based on your cycle you would need to start testing at around day 12 of your cycle, counting the first day of your cycle as the day your period starts. Because your cycle is 30 - 35 days long this means you are ovulating somewhere between days 16 -21 of your cycle.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: Norma | 2004/03/11

Thats a problem if you dont know when you are ovulating, I would say if the ovulation test shows you are ovulating, then do what you have to and see what happens.....

Reply to Norma