Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/29

Another One - Success Today

Hi guys and gals,
Feeling a lot better since this morning and am starting it feels to make some headway in my doing of things. Managed to say NO for a change. Let me explain. I have "friends" who are always coming back into my life, but only when they need something, they always use me and have stolen from me before. I have helped them numerous times. Last night I got a call, they are having problems, then today they asked for a place to stay for one night, this usually turns into weeks, months, etc. and they never have money so I end up buying what they need and then getting myself into so much more debt than I can cope with. They are partly the reason I am having financial problems currently. I actually told them NO, first time in a very long time.

I feel like I have taken something back, I can't explain this, but feel almost exhilirated. Take Care Guys and Gals.

CONGRATULATIONS ! I seem to remember these "friends" and they really and truly deserve a good resounding NO. Welcome to wholesome exhilaration ! You have taken back some of your autonomy and self-respect. Splendid !

8
Posted by: DG | 2004/10/29

I hope u read this,
I just want to say that I really am delighted that you are being more assertive and putting yourself before others. It is greatly needed in this difficult time that you are facing. So I am so happy you are looking at the more positive side of things.
I find that by helping children in need- it give me great courage to go on- children that are mentally or physically disabled know nothing but love- which a great gift- therefore they have taught me a lot in life.
I hope things turn out magnificantly for you- after all this time- it is surely owed to you and you most certainly deserve it.
Just mind the little dissapointments in life- they are alway around to test us- but proove to them you are better than them.
Much love to you,
DG

Reply to DG
Posted by: Susan | 2004/10/29

Dit is goed wys hulle jou tande, moenie dat hulle oor jou loop nie, want heel moontlik wanneer jy hulle nodig het is hulle missing in action.

Staan op jou regte.
Geniet jou naweek.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: Muki | 2004/10/29

Well done BT

Reply to Muki
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/29

Thanks all. I plan to have a good weekend. I told the deadbeat Dad that I don't need him or want him in our lives, I will and can manage without him, so I am going into this weekend feeling a sense of relief.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Jitterbug | 2004/10/29

Well done BT,

It is by doing things like this - standing up and not being trampled over - that you will grow by leaps and bounds.

Have a fantastic weekend. Maybe spoil yourself a little!!

Reply to Jitterbug
Posted by: A | 2004/10/29

Good for you BT - the more you get your life back on track financially and emotionally the more you can start to enjoy what you DO have!!

Good for you, well done

Have an excellent weekend!

A

Reply to A
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/29

Brilliant! "No" is a very liberating word. All these steps are leading to a happier healthier you.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: "Sexy Heksie" | 2004/10/29

Jip mooi-weers-vriende....

Trots op jou man ! Ons het genoeg bollie in ons lewens mens het nie nog sulke vriende nodig nie.....

Lekker naweek. Sms my more as jy reg is vir die "pick-up"!

Reply to "Sexy Heksie"