Question
Posted by: john | 2007/03/04

anorexic wife

My wife is 27 years old. We have been married for 5 years. When we got married she told me that, from the age of 10, her mother had been detoxing her once in 2 months with castor oil. We decided to continue this practise and every 2 months I give her 100 ml of castor oil to clean out her bowels. We really love it the way her stomach goes completely flat. With just a little pressure on her stomach I can clearly feel her backbone. She likes to keep her stomach flat, so for the next 2 to 3 weeks she lives on tea and sugar only. She is 5'6" and when she married me was a slim 42 kg. With the regular regimen of tea fasts she has steadily lost weight and is now 37 kg. Now I am concerned for two reasons. Is there any long term harm due to repeated use of large doses of castor oil? The way she has been going, in another 5 years her wight will probably come down to 32 kg. Is there any health risk in being that thin? At present she definitely looks weak but otherwise does not seem to have any health problems

Dear John
This is abuse - how can you think that living on tea and sugar can be healthy just for the sake of the way her stomach looks? A 5ft4 tall woman should be weighing between 55 and 60 kg so she is already way underweight and her body is probably living off her muscle tissue at the moment. If you don't want to be a widower in a few years, you better seek help urgently - she needs to eat a balanced diet - look on health 24 website under diet and also http://www.mamashealth.com/anorexia.asp

6
Posted by: Earthmama | 2007/03/05

Dear John, your wife has you totally fooled, she is damaging herself and your relationship with her. I beat anorexia. you can be slim, trim and healthy and still eat healthily. go to flanigan.co.za if you would like more information

Reply to Earthmama
Posted by: Ladyluck | 2007/03/04

I don't believe this post to be true....no one in their right mind would actually believe that this is ok.....Cyberdoc misread John's email and quotes 5 ft 4 inch tall woman when in fact she is 5 ft 6 inches, so she should weigh even more than 60kgs, more like 64kgs!!!

Reply to Ladyluck
Posted by: Suzette | 2007/03/04

John you must be a total idiot, this is totally dngerous, her weight is way tolow, keep it up amd you will loose her, or is that your plan ??? Do that to yourself your freaky man and see how you like it

Reply to Suzette
Posted by: Karen | 2007/03/04

John you must be a total idiot, this is totally dngerous, her weight is way tolow, keep it up amd you will loose her, or is that your plan ??? Do that to yourself your freaky man and see how you like it !

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Lynda | 2007/03/04

John I hope this is a hoax but if its not, which planet are you from man? You are enabling her in her anorexia, of course its dangerous, life threatening! She needs help and Tara can help her. Give them a call and make an appt for her to see a psychiatrist there asap. Every human being needs a balanced diet to survive and live a healthy life. Her weight for her height is considerably underweight. She is slowly dying.

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: j:p | 2007/03/04

cool

Reply to j:p