Question

Anorexic please help.

I can't eat and It's the second week now. I even cry at night because I wish I can eat but I can't. I'm very thin naturally and I'm afraid I might be anoroxi. What can I do because right now the only thing I can eat is on slice of bread because I have to take my medication. At first I though maybe I'm pregnant but I'm not. I'm loosing weight a lot and I don't have energy anymore. I have to come to work but I feel that I won't be able to do that if this thing continues.

Please tell me what can I get to give me back my appetite.

The best way to handle this would be to arrange to see a good local psychiatrist ( who can, thus, handle the physical and psychological aspects of whatever your problem is ) for a proper assessment, and treatment advice based on that. I wonder what sort of medication you are taking ? Many types of medication, needed for many different conditions, could cause some indigestion or loss of appetite --- especially in the first few weeks as one's body adjusts to them. I can't advise how to get back your ap[petite ( nor can anyone else with any sense ) until you have been properly asse4ssed, physically and psychologically, so that it can become clear WHY you have los the appetite. I'm sure you can be helped if you see the right person and let them assess ou properly, and discuss your concerns with them directly

3
Posted by: Nia | 2007/06/07

Anon - you need to see a doctor about this ASAP. I do not want to scare you, but my mom had the same symptoms. She wanted to eat, but could not. She would drink half a glass of water and then she cannot drink anymore. Lost weight and all that, and then the doc found a tumour in her stomach. They removed that and she is healthy again today. Please, I may be wrong, but just check it out.

Good luck!

Reply to Nia

I was on antidepressents three months back but I stopped. Now I 'm taking emergency pills for HIV. Before all this I was the happiest person since were going the better for the first time in my life. Now I have this fear that I will die if I don't eat. Everytime i think about eating I get sick immediately. If I force to eat I get cramps around my belly button. I can't breath properly after eating and I can't even sleep.

Posted by: Rox | 2007/06/07

If I were you I'd see my GP regarding the loss of appetite. It could very well be stress but maybe there is something underlying. You express a desire to eat which is not typical behaviour for an anorexic who will do absolutely anything not to eat. Try buying a meal supplement shake and start drinking it three times a day to ensure you getting enough nutrients and help with the energy loss until you regain your appetite.
Just as a question for you to answer for yourself... could you be depressed? If so, try chatting to someone about it.
Best wishes and feel better soon...

Reply to Rox