Question
Posted by: confussion | 2004/02/04

anorexic & bulimic, but still no weight loss!

Dearest Doc
I have tried everthing that I can possibly do to loose weight and the thing is nothing really get's me to the weight I want. I was pregnant and now my tummy just sags. I don't eat much at all, i hardly ever eat and if I do, i make sure I take it all out. I know that this is all bad for my health, but I simply cannot help it. Everytime I eat something, i just feel like I have gained a kilo already. I fear food to the extent that I would rather drink water the whole day, than eat anything.

Asking for your advice and help.

Dear Confusion
I am worried that you are becoming bulimic. You need to get professional help ASAP before you ruin your health. Contact Netcare Rehabilitation (011) 489-111 or phone the Kenilworth Clinic in CT at (021) 797-1400 and ask for help with an Eating Disorder. Also contact a clinical dietitian to help you get back to eating normally without picking up weight (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). You need to get help and take control of your life again - what will happen to your child if you fade away?
Holding thumbs