Question
Posted by: Alana | 2006/07/13

Anorexia...? Help!

Well Doc, I am kinda shy and scared. What if she/he say im ill? That I am anorexic? What will then happen to me? I do not have any parents, and i am not sure if i can take my sister through hell and back. That’s why I decided to write to you. I am really scared about all this. I don’t want to be ill, just have a very nice toned body. But I am scared of food, even those types that do not contain any calories. Is there not someone to whom I can talk to over the phone or via e-mail?

Wll, no shrink is going to suggest that you are ill unless you are ; and if you are, then you need and deserve some help and advice. There's no need for anyone to go through hell and back, or anywhere so distant. I don't know of anyone providing this sort of treatment by email or phone, but you deserve more than that. It may be that you don't need much further help, as you already show great determination and the ability to do what you set out to do --- maybe just a few sessions to revise the plan of what it is you are using that determination for, might do the trick.

4
Posted by: Kate | 2006/07/14

oh for gods sake just eat, skeletons are not attractive. Pick up the Mr Delivery book and order yourself something divine.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Eyes | 2006/07/14

You've obviously programmed yourself to dislike food. From what you've said, it sounds like you have an unhealthy relationship with food. Maybe you can start with your relationship with yourself. Our bodies cannot function without food.

At least you have recognised that there may be a problem there. Why are you punishing yourself? You may not realise the damage that you are doing to yourself now but the problems will start sneaking up on you. Look on the internet and read up on deficiencies. A balanced diet is essential for a healthy body.

I suggest that you talk to someone to try to get to the bottom of this. It often takes a wake-up call to realise that there is more to a problem then what meets the eye. You do not have parents to confide in so maybe you need to find someone whose opinion you respect and talk to that person. You will be surprised at how willing people are to help others when they are in need.

Reply to Eyes
Posted by: Alana | 2006/07/13

Im scared of all the foods you can think of!

and i am scared my sister might kill me! Everything seem so vatty in my plate. I get sick even of the smell of food!

Reply to Alana
Posted by: Teen Kids -Mom | 2006/07/13

Hi girl souonds to me that you are siffering from some sort of illness. I would suggest that you need professional help.
I am sure when the doc answer he/she will give you all the info you need to contact the professionals.
What do you ??what foods are you not scared of??
Good luck,

Reply to Teen Kids -Mom