Question
Posted by: MAGDA | 2007/04/05

ANOREXIA DIETS

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME, I AM LOOKING FOR A DIET TO GIVE TO A PERSON WHO'S GOT ANOREXIA - WHAT TO GIVE THEM TO EAT AND DRINK TO START GAININING WEIGHT.

Hallo Magda
Just a normal well balanced diet will do - see health24 website under diets. If you are supporting this person, fine, but please don't try to treat this on your own as this is more than just eating right , it is psycological too.

1
Posted by: sufferer | 2007/04/05

Hi I've been suffering from the illness and a dietician recommended nutri shake- buy it from any dietician it's high in protein which will build up her lean weight.There is also ensure and nutren which will help her to gain weight as it is a nutritional meal supplement but if she's doing this on her own I doubt she'll drink it.I was scared to drink it because of it's high carb.Hope it helps-great to see you care..

Reply to sufferer