Question
Posted by: so confused! | 2005/01/12

anorexia and gyming

i was wondering:if someone has anorexia and they decide to pick up weight,would it be okay if he/she doesnt go to the gym(if theyve been gyming EVERYday except weekends)?i dont consider myself anorexic,but i SERIOUSLY need to gain weight,but whenever i go to the gym i totally overdo it,and i dont eat enough to make up for that energy loss.....is it okay if i avoid the gym till i weigh a healthy weight?

Dear Confused
I apologise for only responding to your question today, but I had to have an operation last Wednesday, and although I informed the boffins who administer the Message Board, they failed to block incoming messages while I was in hospital.
Excessive exercising is recognised as one of the variations of anorexia. So in your case it is sensible to stop exercising until you have reached a normal weight.