Question
Posted by: jothriny | 2003/12/04

anorexia and Diane-35

Hi! I have the following question;I'm treated with Diane-35 because of first degree of anorexia.i was told to take it for 6 months.i had lost about 11 kgs and now i regained 6 of them.I wonder whether I will regain all of them and after stopping to take the medicine wheter I will loose some of them?I have heard that it's normal for people with anorexia to have problems with constipation.I have such problem,but i don't know how to cope with it?and one more thing- can u please tell me what happens with hormones and hormonal system.in patiants suffering from anorexiaThank u very much and bye :)

Expert ImagePharmacist

Dear Jothriny

Regaining your original mass will depend on numerous factors including diet and lifestyle in addition to your medication. Constipation can be relieved by increasing your intake of fibre, fruit and water. Regular exercise will also assist. If neither of these are helping various safe over the counter medicine is also available. Hormonal levels can fluctuate with age and ilness but can be measured and corrected if necessary.

P