Question
Posted by: al | 2008/01/18

anorexia

Hi, my niece (14) suffers from anoerxia and whilst we have managed to get her eating again I think there is a mineral / vitamin deficiency. Where can we get her tested to see which minerals and/or vitamins she is deficient in - we live in the Western Cape, Cape Town southern suburbs.

Dear Al
I am glad to hear that you niece has started to eat again. Anorexia is a dread disease that requires a team approach and it is essential that your niece should be under the care of a medical dr, a dietitian and a psychologist. Please contact the Kenilworth Clinic at (021) 797-1400, which specialises in eating disorders - they will advise you how to proceed.
Holding thumbs for your niece