Question
Posted by: Blue | 2005/12/06

ANON - HELP!!!

Anon, this is regarding the thrush that you talked about. i cannot go to a gynae, i am too self concious and i was brought up in an orthodox family, so that makes it worse. i have no idea what to do, cant i just buy some ointment off the shelf and use it without having it prescribed from the doctor? i REALYY cannot see a gynae, please understand!!!!

Try Canesten pessaries.

1

I am sorry Blue. I understand your predicament, but think about it logically. If you are sexually active you could be jeprodising your helath by not going for a once a year pap smear. How else are they gonna detect early signs of cancer? Secondly, if you are so against going to a gynae - what if you fall pregnant and need to go for scans and tests etc to ensure the safe arrival of your baby? Are you saying that you can only go to a gynae once you are married? You religion is your own decision, but if you seriously think its a good idea not to go the gynae and try and combat your thrush alone, then i am sure the cheist can give you something mild for it over the counter.... your choice?? :(