Posted by: Blue | 2005/12/06


Anon, this is regarding the thrush that you talked about. i cannot go to a gynae, i am too self concious and i was brought up in an orthodox family, so that makes it worse. i have no idea what to do, cant i just buy some ointment off the shelf and use it without having it prescribed from the doctor? i REALYY cannot see a gynae, please understand!!!!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Try Canesten pessaries.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon | 2005/12/06

I am sorry Blue. I understand your predicament, but think about it logically. If you are sexually active you could be jeprodising your helath by not going for a once a year pap smear. How else are they gonna detect early signs of cancer? Secondly, if you are so against going to a gynae - what if you fall pregnant and need to go for scans and tests etc to ensure the safe arrival of your baby? Are you saying that you can only go to a gynae once you are married? You religion is your own decision, but if you seriously think its a good idea not to go the gynae and try and combat your thrush alone, then i am sure the cheist can give you something mild for it over the counter.... your choice?? :(

Reply to Anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.