Question
Posted by: opinions please | 2008/01/03

annual visit

My husband is not a jealous man but does not like me seeing a male gynae without him present, I think that this must make the doc uncomfortable, and me for that matter. Is this common and do doctors encourage partners to be with during routine annual check ups or not. Any opinions appreciated

It is not common for husbands to be there during the gynae examination. Usually the doctor's nurse will be present if you are uncomfortable.

3
Posted by: opinions please | 2008/01/05

Thanks, but my Doc doesnt have a nurse and thats okay, the prob is not with me and I know it is unheard of, but generally do the gynaes dislike husbands being present, does it make it uncomfortable or weird, and should I rather not tell my husband when I am going. I could look for a female but I like my gynae, and have been with him for 17 years, and my hubby gets so stressed when left behind each year, please give more detailed opinion. Thanks

Reply to opinions please
Posted by: Bianca | 2008/01/04

I have the same prob, I told him to get over it, and dont tell him when i am going

Reply to Bianca
Posted by: compromising | 2008/01/04

My husband comes with me to my male gynae and the doctor doesnt seem to mind,I would not change to a female and that was my compromise

Reply to compromising