Posted by: what for? | 2008/10/03

Annual leave

Not sure if i' m posting in the right place but I hope someone can help or comment.

Everyone is entitled to their annaul leave. I always take my leave in December and normally it is very quiet during that time. However we have 2 offices at different places. Most of the time I am alone at the office I work at. So it' s just me to answer the phone etc.

Whenever I fill in my leave form to get signed my manager always seems to have an issue with it and gives hints to make me feel bad as if I shouldn' t be taking any leave at all. I hate asking for leave just because of that. It'  so frustrating at times. I am even too scared to ask for afternoon' s off. I' d rather not but I' m at work all the time when I have to be. Why do you think is?

Not my area of expertise, but I'm sure other readers will be able to make useful comments here. You are by law entitled to leave, and your manager is surely not allowed unreasonably to discourage you to do so