Question
Posted by: Babur786 | 2006/11/08

Annoying creatine

Hehe I am like your regular caller anyways I take 3 grams of creatine just before I train but I think I am measuring it wrong 3 grams is about half a teaspoon right?Then I mix it into 200 ml grape juice is that correct?Ive taken youradvise on HMB and creatine I take my hmb 3 times a day thats 3000mg and just 3g of creatine half an hour before I train

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Babur786

Great to talk to you! I like your inquisitive mind!

The 3g will depend on the product you are using – is it a pure creatine powder with nothing added? A teaspoon should equate about 5grams – I say should, because the weight of a substance can play a role – you will understand the comparison of a kilo of feathers to a kilo of lead – hardly the same volume! As I like to use EAS products their Phoshagen Elite contains 5g creatine per serving with 35g of carbs included – therefore you do not need to use juice to load the product. Thus a 2/3rd teaspoon with the 200ml juice sounds about right, unless you want to use a full teaspoon to correlate with the 5grams, if it is a creatine powder only.

Take care.

Vanessa