Posted by: Rozi | 2010/09/30

Ankylosing Spondylitis

Hi there

My husband had an MRI scan that said there was an indication of AS. What treatment does he need to go on and what excercises should he avoid? He has been suffering from severe hip pain and was given Celebrex. Unfortunately the doctor who is supposed to give him the answers is too busy at the moment and we are left wondering what happens next.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

It is not acceptable that any doctor is "too busy " to answer your questions. It is part of any medical practitioner's duties to inform his patient of the diagnosis,the treatment etc. Maybe you should seek an opinion from another practitioner who has time to speak to you. Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a narrowing of the spinal canal and you should be told how severe the narrowing is, and if it is possibly a cause of referred pain to your hip

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.