Question
Posted by: CMP | 2008/01/17

Ankle Injury

Hi There

I took a fall down some steps at work last week Friday and bruised my shin, it was painful on Friday but I opted to leave it until Saturday to see if the pain was still there, by Saturday the pain had subsised but the bruising on my ankle (below the joint) has gotten prgessively worse as has the bruising on my shin. My ankle is still very swollen, is this something I should worry about? There is no constant pain just an occassional sharp pain, I am walking normally and there don't appear top be any issues. How long will it take for the swelling to go down?

Thanks for your help.

Dear CMP,
you probably tore some of the ligament fibres - bind it with crepe bandage to stabilize it and rub with Voltaren jel, you can also take anti-inflammatory like Neurofen ( if you are not allergic to any medication)
Dr BEts

1
Posted by: Theo | 2008/07/16

I have a suspected alveolar break in the ankle, as well as torn ligaments after a squash injury. I would like to read more on the subject.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards

Theo

Reply to Theo