Posted by: Mitch S | 2012/09/12


Hi, I have pain in the arch of my ankle (top of the foot and front of shin). It is fine when i''m just walking around but i play rugby and that''s when I feel it. the pain seems to stem from if I keep my foot flat on the floor and bend my knee and flex my leg forward while keeping my foot flat I get a sharp pain in the above mentioned area. Also there is no swelling that I can see.
Hope you can help thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


It is possible that you have injured the tendons and the junction between the tendon and the bone. This causes inflammation and results in pain. You will have to consult an orthopeadic surgeon for an examination, x-rays and possible MRI scan to determine the exact cause for your discomfort. In the interim you can use Myprodol capsules and refrain from playing rugby until you have consulted the specialist.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.