Question
Posted by: Buffs | 2007/02/23

Animal update

Ok

lol

My hubby just got promoted to manager of exports, so a new job requirement for him is that he has to travel. The cats and i are still trying to get used to this concept and i think they are taking it worse than i am.

Sunday night he started packing. And when i say packing i mean removing cats from suitcases, shaking cat hair off black clothes, removing cats from suitcases, retrieving his toothbrush from Oy who ran away with it and YES removing cats from suitcases.

Eventually they all decided to show their displeasure with the situation by sitting in a circle around the suitcase (who, unfortunatly gets the blame every time daddy leaves). See, the thing about cats, especially when you have 7, is that they will do ANYTHING to get you to notice them.

Oy's new favorite trick is to sit just behind your foot, out of sight. When you take a step back you get such a fright when you realise she is back there that you try to step forward. At this point she runs to the front of your foot. SO you take a huge step over her to miss her and usually end up stepping on someone else.

After my hubby had stepped on pretty much everyone except oy, he banished them all to the lounge.He finished his packing by putting all his training books to be handed out to the foreign clients on top then took his suitcases to the front door and went to bed.

When we got up the next day all the cats were purring lovingly rubbing on our noses and hands and generally being sweet. Cat owners will know that this is a VERY VERY BAD sign that your cat has done something AWFUL and knows he/she is about the get caught.

Went into the lounge and there is my hubbys suitcase empty, except for bobby who had tired of dragging dads clothes around the room and had fallen asleep in the bottom.

He says it was very embarrasing to hand out training books with Cat teeth marks on them.

Ahhh cats.

Fun fact (may not be true but i think it is): the word CAT originated from Ancient Egypt. they were Originally Called CATastrophies, but it was eventually shortened to just CAT.

Great fun for all it seems.

1
Posted by: jax | 2007/02/25

Ah Buffs....think what I like most about your cat-a-family is that it reminds me that I am not the only one living with mentally interesting animals!
Mine of course, are obsessed with the birds that keep coming home with me. Getting into the spare room is far more interesting sometimes than even food. And the ones in the aviary are just sooooo interesting as well!
Touch wood they remain hunters in thought only. Although Stuey got his 4th lizard (in two years) the other day, and ran inside growling keepaway at the others before putting it down to play before lunch. It shed tail, I rescued the lizard half, and the tail twitched energetically for about 30 seconds, watched by all three boys before Stu decided that he had better eat it if that was all he was getting. From the look on his face it wasn''t that nice, but he perservered regardless.
Strange - there are quite a few words containing the cat bit.... and not one of them has anything to do with a calm peaceful life!

Reply to jax