Question
Posted by: Bees | 2004/01/29

angry girl

My daughter is 13 years;whenever I reprimand her she will get angry and not talk to me for some time.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Bees

Unfortunately she is going into her teen years. You will need 2 be firm with her, but also give her some space. Remember hormones is kicking in and this is a very difficult time for girls especially.

T

1
Posted by: Moby | 2004/01/29

Bees>>> Your daughter is 13 years old. Many of them are that way! That's just one of those things. Im not saying that it should be like that, but unfortunately it does happen. Try a different approach towards her. Instead of maybe raising your voice, just talk to her passively in a low voice, telling her that what she is doin is wrong, or whatever the case may be. Take it easy. Just remember, you cant fight fire with fire and a 13 year old can be very stubborn sometimes. They wont give in but you are older and more mature and you can adjust your approach and "get her offside". (If you know what I mean.) When she does something wrong, she almost knows what your reaction will be. Try to surprise her by approaching her in a different way. Hopefully you'll get through to her.

Good Luck and let me know how it goes, ok!

Reply to Moby