Question
Posted by: Eish! | 2004/03/10

Angry at myself!!

I don't know what I was thinking!!!! I am having a horrible day from hell and my first instinct was to call a friend so that we could go out to lunch I need to get out of the office as in now, but no he is too busy - I am so pissed off........ I am always always always there for him no matter what, now I need him and he cannot make it, I am upset!!! I don't know what's bugging me to the point of such frustration that I feel like crying. I feel like I am boiling inside.

Eish, indeed.
Much depends on why he wasn't available. If it was a brushoff, and an untrie excuse, then he's no friend ( he could at least be frank ) --- but then again, like you, he MUST have chunks of time when he is, inded, too busy and unable to go out to lunch, for the sake of remaining employed !
Maybe we sometimes exaggerate what we expect from each other as friends. "a friend in need ", to me, implies that a real friend will be available ( within a reasonable interval of time, tey do have their own crises and their own lives to lead ) to help when we really need actual help, in truly serious situations. His reaction ought to be different when you've just been sacked, or in an accident, or suddenly stricken with appendicitis, than when you're simply frazzled with work demands, or cross because someone else was inconsiderate.

1
Posted by: me2 | 2004/03/10

And I thought mine were the only ones like that. They just don't know the meaning of "a friend in need is a friend indeed" No - it only makes sense when THEY need someone!
I'm sorry that your day is not going well. You can still get out of the office - go sit in your car and listen tothe radio, or just take a walk around the bock. I promise when you see some smiling faces out there, you will feel a bit better! Hey, a bit is far more compared to feeling miserable :-)

Reply to me2