Question
Posted by: Angry Person | 2008/08/11

Angry all the time

Lately I have noticed that I feel angry all the time. I snap at every little thing and mostly get upset with my 2 year old. I get so angry that it gets to the point that I want to smash things and break whatever is in my way. My daughter is so afraid that when Im shouting she climbs under the blankets. I know this may sound as abuse but I would not intentionally do it. THis morning I was looking for shoes and couldnt find it, I started screaming and ranting at myself, calling myself stupid b**ch, and then I burst into tears. I just feel like sitting in my house and never leaving again. I am currently taking anti-depressants (Urbanol and Depramil) but I thought that I was getting better. What is happening now?

This uually aises when one has an anxiety disorder or is being chronically hassled and stressed.
Urbanol is NOT an antidepressant, but a benzo tranquillizer, which may sometimes rather than reducing temper tantrums, make one more aggressive and readily angry, rather as alcohol does. Depranil is an old antidepressant.
This particular combination sounds very unlikely to have been rescribed by a specialist psychiatrist, but rather a GP trained some time ago, and maybe you'd be wise to seek referral to a good local psychiatrist for assessment and advice on revised treatment

1
Posted by: 2ND ANGRY PERSON | 2008/08/11

SAME PROBLEM AS ABOVE. HAVE BEEN PUT ONTO CIPRALEX WHICH HELPED QUITE A LOT BUT DUE TO MY MEDICAL AID BEING USED UP - I' M FORCED TO GO OVER TO SOMETHING ELSE. MY DOCTOR HAS SUBSCRIBED DEPRAMIL WHICH IS AN OLD ANTI-DEPRESSANT. IS THERE SOMETHING BETTER THAN DEPRAMIL BUT STILL CHEAPER THAN CIPRALEX?

Reply to 2ND ANGRY PERSON