Question
Posted by: Angry? | 2007/03/08

Angry after lifting weights

Hi, this might be a really stupid question, but i seem to be really moody and have a worse temper than usual after i excersize (lift weights). Is this something to do with hormones? is there a way to combat this?? I feel like a real grouch! In the mornings, im almost mean I feel so angry sometimes.. I never harm anything or anyone - just really in a bad mood.
Thanks...

Dear Angry
There are various possible causes of this aggression that you feel after lifting weights. If you are male, then this type of exercise could increase your testosterone levels and this hormone is inclined to make one feel aggressive. The condition would be made worse if you happen to be taking sports products that promote testosterone production? Another reason could be that you are not eating sufficient carbohydrates to fuel your exercise and that the low blood sugar levels you may suffer from cause feelings of aggro. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of the page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on 'Diets for Sportsmen and women' to see what you should be eating to fuel your exercise sessions.

2
Posted by: Angry | 2007/03/13

haha um... im a girl! so its not testosterone thats doing it. Eric - ya i am on a strict diet and i am really hard on myself cause i do cheat on the diet alot. I like lifting weights but its just strange cause i feel so moody the day after. I am training to do a rigorous physical test... so try to work hard its going okay. but just not sure why im so grumpy after lifting weights. I feel like "dont talk to me" when im feelign this way.

Reply to Angry
Posted by: eric | 2007/03/08

Perhaps you just really dont like training, and the thought of having to do it every day upsets you. If you are on a very strict diet you will REALLY hate training. Are you?

Reply to eric