Question
Posted by: LSM | 2004/11/18

ANGRY

I just had an ectopic pregnancy & had 2 have an operation done. My parents didnt know I had a boyfriend, never mind dat I was having sex.I spent 5 days at the hospital,during those 5 days my mum only came 2 c me twice(for no more than 5 minutes) & dad never came at all. I understand that they are angry but it was crucial dat i had dat operation & the least they culd have done is b there 4 me.I'm very angry at my parents and I dont know how 2 get over this becos at the end of the day they r still my parents.

Certainly it was crucial that you had that operation. I suppose they were shocked at suddenly without warning discovering the extent of the secrets you had been keeping from them. Yes, it's awful that they were not really there for you, to support you. Are there other family members with whom you can communicate, who can help bring you all back together again ? Is there a counsellor atached to the hospital, who could also help in this way ? Maybe they're still to some extent in shock,

3
Posted by: Jackie | 2004/11/18

Sorry to hear this, sometimes parents do not realize the impact their behaviour has on us. K is right in that you need to sit down and talk to them. Yes, they can be angry but as parents they must realize that there must be a reason why you kept this secret from them. Holding thumbs for you!

Reply to Jackie
Posted by: K | 2004/11/18

What Mona is saying is true. Although you have been through the trauma of losing a baby and having to go through an operation, your parents are probably in shock and quite worried about what else you may have got up to without them knowing.

Suggest you sit down and talk to them, how bad can it be? You have to be totally honest though otherwise they are never going to trust you again.

By the way, how old are you?

Best wishes!

Reply to K
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/18

How old are you? Suppose it doesnt really matter, as your parents should have supported you through this and then should have delt with their grieviences once you had recovered. Shame, best of luck to you.

Reply to Mona