Question

Angiogram?

I had an Angiogram done in 01/2007. i have familial-cholestorol (latest lipo showed total of 6,7 fasting) During the Angio they only found coronary artery spasms. no blockages found.

the past 4 weeks or so I have been experiencing chest tightness and some burning pains in chest. lasting under 1 minute and dissolves by itself. I have not been taking any Cholestorol meds (medical aid depleted) for the past 7months. I normally follow a low fat diet and I am not overweight, 32 years old, female. I started doing lite exercise about 2 weeks ago. I don't have any chest pains during exertion. Just feel muscle weakness.

is it necessary to have an Angio done again? could I have plaque due to not using meds?

would appreciate any advice.

Dear Anon
High cholesterol is often hereditary and not always manageable with diet alone. Find out from your medical aid if you can go on chronic medicine for this which won’t deplete your funds in your medical savings account. You need to go for a follow up Stress ECG at least to ensure that this is not angina.