Question
Posted by: Lace | 2004/01/26

Angina type pain

Hello Doc
My husband has been experiencing chest pain sometimes with exercise and sometimes at rest. All diagnostic tests have been normal but he still gets the pain and is now going for an angiogram. Is this not too drastic?

Lace, depending on his age and risk profile, it might be the wise thing to do. I doubt that the cardiologist would do an angiogram if he didn’t think that there might be a possibility of ischaemic heart disease. If you’re interested in something I wrote on the “non heart” causes of chest pain, you’re welcome to contact me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.