Question
Posted by: Angry | 2007/03/29

Anger / Stress Management

Hi there. I don't have much money so I can't see a shrink or anything. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could go for anger / stress management classes. I'm in CAPE TOWN. Please help! I contacted FAMSA. Still awaiting a reply. Any other ideas?

Classes and courses have no proved effectiveness and end up being at least as expensive as personalized one-to-one counselling / therapy. Try Depression / Anxiety group, UCT and Stellenbosch Depts of Psychiatry & Psychology.

8
Posted by: Angry | 2007/03/29

No medical aid. Hardly any money either! I'm in real tight spot because my hubby is so sick.

Reply to Angry
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/29

Do you have a medical aid?

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: also angry | 2007/03/29

hi angry,

I have lived for years with huge anger for everyone and everything around me. From childhood. It's not a nice way to live. I have now started reading a self help book on anger management (only half way through) and it is already helping me. It is called "TAKING CHARGE OF ANGER" it costs R193.25 from kalahari, excluding delivery. Just a suggestion, maybe it will help you, you never know....

Reply to also angry
Posted by: B | 2007/03/29

Call Lifeline they could help you or refer you. Alternatively try the Anxiety and Depression Support Group. You need to talk to someone about your anger, frustration, etc. Lifeline can counsel you telephonically and its free. Talking about everything in your life, will help you.

Reply to B
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/29

Search for Herbalife and order pills for your husband - those pills really work for someone with a heart condition.

Do you have a good friend to atleast talk to?

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Angry | 2007/03/29

I dont know. Just stressed at work. My hubby is really sick (heart condition). I'm just not myself. I've been deteriorating over the past 5 years. Struggling with depression. Tried all sorts of meds but they dont work. Just find myself so tense and angry and I just dont have the money for an actual shrink.

Reply to Angry
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/29

Try UCT

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/29

Why are you angry?

Reply to Echelle