Posted by: Me! | 2008/09/22

Anger Problem!

Help me! During the weekend I had a party for friends. Me and my fiance. My fiance always says that I have a anger problem, so let me explain. Saterday having the party people started getting drunk and talking nonsence as it gets at some parties, and one of my friend broke my toilet...YES broke my toilet, and everyone thought that it was funny accept me. Ammediatly I stop drinking and I was upset, my fiance told me to stop being so angry because I am making the people uncomfortable. I then in return explained to her very nicely that I am upset with the toilet being broken and I feel that no-one respects my house. And even she said " Ag leave it and worry about it tommorow"  and even that made me angry for her saying that. Now we are fighting about the night and my anger. I want to know is it unfair for me to feel this way or is she right and I am wrong?

Dear Me!
I think this is a personal thing - I personally would also be upset if guests break things in my house, but some people are more relaxed about these things. What is more important is that you both understand how the other one is feeling about it and get a mutual understanding. She may feel that you have an anger problem, and you may feel that there are things that frustrate you a lot. I know men don't like doing it but if you plan to marry and live with your fiancee for the next 50 years, getting some marriage counselling may help you to understand each other better and learn new ways to solve conflict.

Posted by: Adri | 2008/09/23

Have your fiance replace that toilet with his two hands, and see if there' s smiles afterwards.

You have every right to be furious. After the party' s over, everyone leaves, and you have to sort the mess.

Be angry, i would' ve been de moer in!

Reply to Adri